This module allows you to quickly and easily add the Open Graph Protocol markup to your website. Doing so makes you more compatible with sharing content with sites like Facebook and Google+, among many others.
The source code and issues for this project are now being managed on GitHub.
This is the Open Graph Protocol Module for DotNetNuke
. It allows you to add and manage the
Open Graph Protocol
settings and inject them into all of the pages on your
Some of the initial features include:
- Incredibly easy to use!
- Built for DotNetNuke 6!
- Automatically imports the page title, description, url, and website name for you
- Allows you to override the default page title, description, url and website name
- Doesn't require site-wide settings to be specified over and over
- Health checking to determine the status of your OGP injection
- Enable/disable the OGP tag injection
- Multi-site DotNetNuke instance support
- Fully compliant with the Facebook OGP debugger
What is Open Graph Protocol?
I think the official site
says it more clearly than I could:
The Open Graph protocol enables any web page to become a rich object in a social graph. For instance, this is used on Facebook to allow any web page to have the same functionality as any other object on Facebook.
While many different technologies and schemas exist and could be combined together, there isn't a single technology which provides enough information to richly represent any web page within the social graph. The Open Graph protocol builds on these existing
technologies and gives developers one thing to implement. Developer simplicity is a key goal of the Open Graph protocol which has informed many of the technical design decisions.
Why use Open Graph Protocol?
Once again, someone has already written
a perfect article that illustrates why you want to use this technology on your websites
- DotNetNuke v06.00.00 or newer
- .Net Framework v3.5 SP1 or newer
- SQL Server 2005 or newer